Our Judging Partners are organisations who are regularly involved in the competition helping field judges from their staff or network. If you think your organisation might be interested in joining us please do get in touch.
By becoming a judging partner you commit to:
• Help Debating Matters invite interested individuals in your network to act as judges at conveniently located rounds
• Participate directly in debates at local schools
• A chance to host a Qualifying Round at your offices
• A chance to encourage intellectual curiosity in the younger generation
• Embed your company within the local area’s schools and raise awareness amongst teenagers
Profile and Publicity
• You will be credited as a Judging Partner in all event paperwork
• Have a Judges’ Partner profile page on the Debating Matters website
• A Debating Matters judges’ Partner logo for your own website
• Your quotes and opinions relating to debate topics and events will be part of an active press strategy
Networking and Engagement
• Your staff will work alongside other judges including local journalists, politicians, academics, civil servants, artists and scientists
• Opportunity to meet and get to know teachers, headmasters and sixth formers in the area
• Debating Matters has a growing network of competition alumni, from undergraduates and postgraduates to young professionals who help run and expand the competition.
• Judging is an enriching CPD experience for key staff
Judges don’t need any experience, just a willingness to put teenage debaters under some serious intellectual and practical pressure, treat them as adults, and not hold back when criticising their ideas.
If your organisation would like to become a Judging Partner, email us for further information, or call him on 020 7269 9230.